Photo courtesy of Stan Carpenter with the Shreveport Times
I currently have work available for viewing and for purchase at the following galleries and boutiques:
The Agora Borealis https://www.facebook.com/the.Agora.Borealis
Artspace, Shreveport, La https://www.facebook.com/ArtspaceShreveport
I also collect local/regional artwork. Some of the artists whose work I follow and / or collect are :
Daniel Mark Cassity http://www.danielmarkcassity.com/
Lynn Laird www.lynnlairdscrimshaw.com
Carola Nix http://coloredpencilart.blogspot.com
Ben Moss https://ploid.threadless.com
Jeremy Johnson http://pelicanparish.com
Paula Hallman www.paulahallman.com
Amanda Roe https://mollydolly666.carbonmade.com
Steve and Tammy Zihlavsky
Michael Graham www.studioofvisualarts.com and
New South Books at www.etsy.com
Contina Pierson Bayou Glass Arts at www.etsy.com
Danielle Williamson Richard www.richard-creative.com
Robert Fogel rfogelart.co (no "m")
Angie Brown Correia
Josh Chambers http://www.joshuachambers.com
This is how I learned to paint and draw:
* I drew pictures at the kitchenette with my Dad .
* I am primarily self taught / instinctive in my painting
* I took art classes throughout middle school and high school.
* I worked as Assistant Art Director at an advertising agency February 1989-July 1990.
* I studied one semester with Don Alexander at Louisiana State University. ( I recommend more than one class -hindsight is 20/20). I now even have a couple of students of my own.
* I participated in the Shreveport Visual Arts Critique Group.
* I ask a lot of questions of other artists.
* I pay attention to constructive criticism and I use anything I learn to try to better my work.
* I am still learning. I hope to always be still learning.
I have participated in these events :
* Dia De Los Muertos show at Minicine? October 2011
* Presents (juried show) at Artspace November 2011- January 2012
* Facial Hair and Mustache Show March 2012
* Solo Show at Magale Hall, Centenary College March 2012- April 2012, and again in 2014
* Volunteer in “La Plus Belle Poubelle” project at Artspace with the Brothers Fitch August 2012
* Highland Jazz Fest 2012
* Bona Fide II 2012
* Texas Avenue Maker's Fair 2012, 2013
* Star Furniture Sidewalk Gallery Project 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (someone liberated my pasteup of the beetle on canvas}
* Red River Revel (juried festival) October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
* Juried "Print" Residency with Master Printmaker Richard Duardo 2013
* Juried "Skateable Sculpture" Residency with Skateboarder /Artist Steve Olsen 2014
* Juried Member of the 2013-2014 UNSCENE street arts team
* Best In Show at "Critical Mass II" show at Artspace 2014
* Solo Show "Dystopian Garden" at Artspace 2014
* Juried Arts at the Jalapeno show, San Antonio, Tx, 2014
* One of 3 featured artists in the "To Be Continued" group show at Artspace 2014
* Critical Mass 2015
I ask a lot of questions. A lot of people have helped me learn what I do know, so I try to give back by donating my art.
These are some of the causes I help support through donations.
* St Jude's Auction 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
* Fireman's Association Auction 2011
* Southfield School Fundraiser Auction 2011
* Little Black Dress Auction for Autism 2012
* Christmas In the Sky Auction 2012, 2013
* Red River Revel Auction 2013
* Philadelphia Center Auction for Aids 2012, 2014, 2015
* Renzi Center Auction 2014, 2015